Basic Procurement Policy
- We will comply with laws, regulations and customs and build relationships
based on mutual cooperation and trust with suppliers.
- We will offer fair trading opportunities to suppliers.
- We will fulfill our human rights, environmental and other social
responsibilities through our procurement activities.
Guidelines for Procurement Activities
The IBIDEN Group will base its procurement activities on the following
specific stances, in accordance with the Basic Procurement Policy:
- (1) Fair procurement activities and procurement at optimal costs
- We will seek optimal costs in accordance with the principle of market
competition while placing top priority in material procurement on fairness and
- (2) Building of relationships based on mutual cooperation and trust
- All our officers and employees will endeavor to build relationships based
on mutual cooperation and trust with suppliers in active compliance with laws,
regulations, and customs, and in accordance with IBIDEN Employees' Code of
Conduct, instituted as a standard for activities to embody our corporate
philosophy IBIDEN WAY.
- (3) Environmental conservation
- We practice product development and business operation in an environmentally conscious way.
In addition, we improve the environmental protection activity in cooperation with suppliers and promote environmentally friendly procurement activity by purchasing parts and materials which is harmless to the environment.
- (4) Securing optimal quality
- We will endeavor to procure materials that meet our quality requirements
so that we can offer products that our customers trust.
- (5) Punctual deliveries and stable supply
- We will endeavor to procure materials as required in a stable manner for
the purpose of consistently offering products to our customers. We will also
take steps to secure service parts for the future.
- (6) Technical superiority
- We will employ materials and parts with unique or leading-edge
technologies, or that offer technical advantages, for the purpose of creating
new technologies on the basis of innovative capabilities.
Requests to Suppliers
In expanding the business activities of the Company Group globally, in order to gain the trust of international society, not only inside the Group, but also in the overall supply chain, including our suppliers, it is necessary to work toward social responsibility in accordance with global standards.
In order to respond to the requests of international society, the things toward which the Company Group and suppliers must strive are summarized as "Ibiden Group Suppliers CSR Guideline." We are requesting that suppliers strive toward continuous improvement on the basis of these guidelines.
- (1) Labor, Health & Safety and Fair Trading
- Detailed social requirements, such as labor, safety and ethics are described in 的BIDEN Group Supplier CSR Guideline.・
- (2) Environmental
- Detailed environmental requirements are described in 的BIDEN Group Supplier CSR Guideline.・br>
Detailed Product Content Restrictions requirements for suppliers are found in the IBIDEN Group Green Procurement Guidelines.
- (3) Optimal quality
- Suppliers should comply with the necessary safety standards and other requirements in different countries and regions and to supply materials that meet our quality requirements so that we can provide our customers with the best possible products.
- (4) Fair pricing
- Suppliers should supply materials at fair prices based on the principle of
- (5) Stability in supply of materials
- Suppliers should unfailingly meet delivery dates and ensure a stable
supply of materials so that we can consistently provide our customers with
- (6) Technical superiority
- Suppliers should propose unique or special technologies, and other
technical advantages, with their materials.