History of IBIDEN
Inaugural Meeting was held in Ogaki Town for the foundation of Ibigawa Electric Power Co., LTD.
Started electric power transmission from Nishi-Yokoyama Power Station (permitted power output: 3,000 kW).
Established Ogaki Electrification Plant(known later as Nishi-Ogaki Plant)
Started production of Ferrosilicon (silicon iron) in Ogaki Electrification Plant (later transferred business to Gama Plant, until 1984)
Merged Nihon Denki Kokuen into Ibigawa Denka Co., Ltd.,Started production and sales of carbide products
Changed the corporate name to Ibigawa Denki Co., Ltd.
Merged Yoro Railway into Ise Electric Railway, then transferred the business to Yoro Electric Railway in 1927
Started power transmission from Hirose Power Station, permitted power output: 5,200kW
Announced the inauguration on November 5, Sakurauchi to Chairman of the board, Tokujiro Tanaka to President Ibigawa Denki Co., Ltd. was put under the capital of Toho Electric Power Co., Ltd.
Designated by Navy as the main plant of carbon products for Sperry type lighting system
Provided the Nippon Synthetic Chemical Industry with electric power and carbide